Help Maintenance & Construction (Help MC) is the one-stop-shop for all your residential and commercial maintenance and construction needs.
We deliver professional, value-for-money services right across the Perth metropolitan area.
Whether you are looking for someone to take on those long-overdue handyman jobs or urgent repair tasks, or want to improve the comfort and appeal of your home or business space with a cost-effective renovation, help is just a phone call away.
At Help M&C we are focussed on taking the stress, time and cost out of residential and commercial maintenance and construction.
Contact us on 0418 908 726 to find out more about our full range of services and to arrange an obligation free quote.
Help M&C is owned by David Kazim, a qualified tradesmen with 28 years’ experience and an unwavering commitment to the highest quality workmanship and service.
David combines the professionalism, skills and knowledge you’d expect from the ‘big boys’ with a boutique approach that provides every client with personal attention.
He takes the time to discuss exactly what you need and prides himself on delivering cost-effective solutions on-time and within budget.
Help M&C is not an agency that assigns tradesmen to your job then adds a commission to the price.
David and his team personally handle each and every job from the smallest home repair to the largest commercial construction project.
At Help M&C it’s all about efficient reliable service at a value for money price.
When it comes to handyman jobs, urgent repairs, regular maintenance and home improvements, Help M&C is the company to call. We treat your home as our own and won’t compromise on the quality of our work or the service we deliver.
We understand businesses just want to be able to pick up the phone and easily arrange their maintenance and construction needs without breaking the bank.
24 hour service
There’ll always be that unexpected, urgent job that needs to be dealt with and at Help M&C we are on-call to get you out of that sticky situation. (Please note: out-of-hours call outs will incur additional fees)
David has installed signage and trade show displays for my company VE Graphics over the last 4 years and we are extremely happy with his professional finish, knowledge of fixings and surfaces (due to his trade background), and his customer service. On occasions he has dealt with clients on site on our behalf and always behaved in very professional manner. Good installers are hard to find…Dave is a good one.
I own a small investment unit in Como which was built in the 1960s and is in need of general maintenance. The windows were particularly bad and one was quite dangerous, with rusted hinges and worn screws. David from HELP maintenance and construction was brilliant in helping to resolve this. He was on time, highly professional and extremely courteous. He checked and repaired every fitting and removed and re-seated the hinge on the window which was in an unsafe state. His fees were extremely reasonable and he was there for two hours because he ensured everything was safe and in top working order. I couldnt be happier and am recommending him and HELP maintenance to friends and family. I will definitely use him again for anything at either my investment property or at my home. I am delighted to offer this testimonial and thank him and all at Help for their professional service and good work.
My husband and I were very pleased with your service when you came and retiled some of our shower recess and attached a new tap handle.
You are very professional and provide outstanding customer service and we will be more than pleased to let others know about you. And should we need any other handy-services then you will be our first point of call.
Thank you for your services. I was very happy with the result and will be recommending your business and defiantly will use you guys again. Thank you!
Contact us to find out more about our full range of services and to arrange an obligation free quote.
0418 908 726
© 2015 Help Maintenance & Construction | Terms + Conditions
1. DEFINITIONS Unless the context requires otherwise, the following words have the following meanings: Agreement means each agreement for Works entered into between the Customer and HELP maintenance & construction; Customer means the Customer (or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Customer) as described on any Quotation or Purchase Order; HELP maintenance & construction means David Jeffrey Kazim trading as HELP maintenance & construction (“HELP”) ABN 92 173 917 110, its successors and assigns and any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of David Jeffrey Kazim; Goods means all goods supplied by HELP to the Customer or used by HELP in the performance of the Services; GST means goods and services tax under A New Tax System (Goods and Services) Act 1999 (Cwth); Loss means any damage, loss, liability, cost, charge, expense, penalty, outgoing or payment (whether direct or indirect, consequential or incidental) and includes any economic loss or damage, loss of reputation, loss in connection with any claim against HELP by any person, loss of revenue or actual or potential profits, any costs of repair, lost opportunity, including the opportunity to enter into or complete an arrangement with a third party, and legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis; Price shall mean the amount payable for the Goods and the Services; Purchase Order means any purchase order issued by the Customer to HELP; Quotation means a quotation for Goods and Services provided by HELP to the Customer; Services means all services supplied by HELP to the Customer and includes any advice or recommendations provided to the Customer; Works means the supply of Goods and Services by HELP for the benefit of a Customer.
2. CONTRACT TO SUPPLY GOODS AND SERVICES 2.1 These terms and conditions of trade apply to all orders and instructions given to HELP by a Customer for the supply of Goods and Services. 2.2 Where Works are requested by more than one Customer, the Customers are jointly and severally liable for payment of the Price. 2.3 These terms and conditions are binding and final and can only be amended with the written consent of HELP. To the extent that they are inconsistent with these terms, any stipulation of additional or different terms set out in a Customer’s Purchase Order will be of no effect. 2.4 Once a Quotation is accepted by the Customer (whether by the issue of a Purchase Order or otherwise), the Customer will not be permitted to cancel or vary the contract except with the express written agreement of HELP, and in any event on the basis that the Customer will indemnify HELP against any Loss incurred or suffered by HELP as a result of that variation or cancellation. 2.5 Goods and Services provided by HELP must be in accordance with the specifications provided by the Customer. The Customer indemnifies HELP against any Loss incurred or suffered by HELP in connection with any claim resulting from HELP’s use of those specifications. 2.6 Without obligation to do so, HELP may make changes to the specifications supplied by the Customer to comply with safety and statutory requirements. HELP will endeavour to provide notice of those changes prior to commencing Works.
3. PRICE AND PAYMENT 3.1 The Price excludes GST. 3.2 Quotations are valid for 30 days from date of issue, unless otherwise stated. HELP may thereafter increase the Price to reflect changes in pricing such as increased labour or material costs, unavailability of goods, increase or imposition of tax, duty or other levies, variations in exchange rates, changes of delivery dates, changes in quantities or specifications of Goods or Services requested by the Customer, or any delay caused by supply or non-supply of Customer instructions. 3.3 The Customer must pay the Price without deduction or withholding (including set-off, counterclaim, duty, tax or charge). 3.4 Unless otherwise agreed by HELP, payment of the Price is due by the Customer strictly within 7 days of HELP issuing an invoice for Goods and Services supplied. 3.5 Where HELP agrees to extend credit to a Customer, Goods and Services must be paid in full by the last day of the month following the month in which the Goods and Services are invoiced to the Customer. 3.6 The Customer charges their interest in any land registered in the name of the Customer at the date of this Agreement and at any time thereafter with the payment of all moneys due and payable under this Agreement and irrevocably authorise HELP to register an absolute caveat over said land. 3.7 Interest is payable on all overdue moneys at the cash rate (as displayed on the Reserve Bank of Australia website on the date of the invoice issued by HELP) plus 5% until paid in full, calculated daily.
4. DELIVERY & RISK 4.1 The Price does not include delivery costs unless specifically stated in the Quotation. 4.2 Goods will be deemed to have been accepted and of satisfactory condition unless the Customer advises HELP of any deficiency within 24 hours of delivery. 4.3 Any dispute relating to the quality of Services must be raised by the Customer within 7 days of completion of Works. The Customer will be deemed to have accepted the Services where no dispute is raised within the required time.
5. SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF WORKS 5.1 If the Customer commits an act of bankruptcy or insolvency or has a receiver, liquidator or administrator (or similar) appointed, or commits any breach of any provision of this Agreement, then HELP may by written notice with immediate effect: (a) terminate the whole or any part of this Agreement and sue the Customer for Loss (including, without limitation, interest pursuant to clause 3.7); or (b) suspend performance of all or any part of the Works, and at any time during such suspension terminate this Agreement and sue the Customer for Loss (including, without limitation, interest pursuant to clause 3.7). 5.2 The Customer must indemnify HELP against all Loss incurred by HELP in connection with the enforcement, attempted enforcement or preservation of any rights under this Agreement.
6. LIABILITY 6.1 To the extent permitted by law: (a) all guarantees, conditions and warranties, express or implied, by law, custom or otherwise are excluded; and (b) HELP’s liability for any Loss arising from a breach of such guarantees, conditions and warranties, or these terms, is limited to: (i) in the case of Goods, either replacement of the Goods, the supply of products equivalent to the Goods, the repair of the Goods, or the cost of replacing the Goods or acquiring products equivalent to the Goods, or the payment of the cost of having the Goods repaired; and (ii) in the case of Services, the supply of the Services again or the payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again. (c) HELP will not in any event be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
7. GENERAL 7.1 This Agreement is governed by, and to be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of Western Australia. The Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia in respect of any matter arising under this Agreement. 7.2 If any part of this Agreement is, or becomes, void or unenforceable that part is or will be, severed from this Agreement to the intent that all parts that are not, or do not become, void or unenforceable remain in full force and effect and are unaffected by that severance. 7.3 Failure to exercise or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege in this Agreement by HELP does not operate as a waiver of that right, power or privilege. A single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege does not preclude any other or further exercise of that right, power or privilege or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege. 7.4 No waiver or indulgence by any Party is binding upon that Party unless the waiver or indulgence is in writing and no waiver of, or consent to, a breach of a provision of this Agreement operates as a continuing waiver or consent or waiver or consent to a breach of any other provision of this Agreement, unless the waiver is expressed to operate in that manner. 7.5 These terms and conditions may only be varied in writing and supersede all previous agreements in respect of the Works and together with the Quotation form the entire agreement between the parties. 7.6 Time is of the essence in respect of the rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement.